Friday, September 01, 2006

Love Me, Love My Uvula

So I landed myself in traction over the last 3 days.

The long biking hours in the sun have finally caught up with me.

My uvula is baked. I have phlegmn in my lungs and throat. A dry cough. A fever. A mouthful of ulcers.


"And a partridge in a pear tree."





Note the parched lips. And, fascinatingly, I managed to capture my uvula. Hi there, little guy! In case you don't know what an uvula is, it's that dangly little bit at the back of your throat that wiggles when you scream. In the pic above, that would be the little glowy blob just below my two teeth. How's that for self-portraiture?

It's not a flattering shot but I'm proud of it.


ANYWAY, I took Wednesday off, spent Thursday on my back (medical leave), and took today off again when I realised I was still sick. I want to strangle that little uvula but damnit, it's too cute, especially when you draw a 'happy face' on it, like so:

:)


It has to be one of my favourite body parts. If you're attached, a fun game to play with your loved one is to see if you can suck your mate's uvula. It's gross, yet sexy, and you should never take relationship advice from me.

Uvula is going onto my list of inherently funny words, such as 'va-jay-jay', 'spatula', 'cow', 'chicken' and 'duck'.


Moving on, with this much time mandatory off the bike, I decided that I'll replace the corroding bolts on my stem with new stainless steel ones.




That is, Dad volunteered to get me new bolts.

So sweet of him.









I had to leave the flat washers off though. Important lesson learnt: there are good screws, and there are bad screws.

Bad screws strip first.


I love talking dirty.

In other news, the compass I got from Nee Soon Camp during my trip to Sembawang? It sucks. It's been demagnetised. I salvaged my old compass and an old headlight mount and put the old compass back on again.

Here's a view of my cockpit.





Why do they call it a cockpit?







Heh.

No comments: