Saturday, September 16, 2006

Does Shit Stick To Your Fur?

Hey bud, sorry to hear the news. What's the story? Thanx.

--
Posted by chwee to O Wheely? YEA WHEELY! at 9/11/2006 06:26:14 PM



Dude!! what happened man.. sheesh.. feelin for ya..

--
Posted by shidy to O Wheely? YEA WHEELY! at 9/11/2006 04:42:03 PM




Sorry dudes, for taking so long to get back to you guys. Thanks for your concerned notes. It's nice :)


I spent one week pondering what happened and came up with an explanation:


A bear and a rabbit were shitting in the woods, when it started to rain. The bear turns around and asks the rabbit:

"Say, Mr Rabbit, does shit stick to your fur?"

The Rabbit was very proud of his plush white hairy bits, so naturally he replied: "Why, Mr Bear, of course not."

So the bear picks up the rabbit and wipes his butt with it.


And that, friends and families, is the only explanation that's worth the time now, 1 week on.

A little obtuse for sure, but life's like that. Sometimes you're the bear, and sometimes you're the rabbit. All in, my boss did me a favour. I was so depressed, I didn't know I was depressed. And now I get to start over with everything possible again.

Pretty damn funny though. Remember to tell your loved ones the joke, because it's hilarious all by itself, and they'll think you are really cute and you may get a special evening treat.

Moving on.

Right now, I'm considering several options:

1) Become a professional asshole. You know, work as a social activist (Civil Society Organisation). See the world. Grow long hair. Etc etc. Maybe with PETA.

2) Work in social welfare. You know, because it's a job that's guaranteed to make me care. And honestly, caring is the hardest thing for me to do.

3) Get started in some 'Ride Around The World For A Charity Of Your Choice' thing. In which I donate 80 cents of every dollar to a charity of my choice (keeping 20 to fund the trip.)

4) Apply to FHM, like I've always wanted.

5) Go into banking. Or teaching. (urgh.)

6) Get in as movie-reviewer at a company where my friend works.

7) Write into Aleoca, that cheap bike company that's actually Singaporean. Because I sure do care about cycling, if not anything else anymore.

And on that note, it seems that every day I've been in the saddle, there's been nasty big-ass rain. Here are some pictures.


It Never Rains, But It Pours.











So get waterproof.
















And Today ...

Yesterday, I bought a book that I've been looking for since 2003. It's amazing. I plan to finish it before I die.



And came pretty close to it today. I had wanted to skip Bt Timah and just hit Track 15, but then I wanted to feel how my shocks worked. Nearly died going up the slopes, and then it simply poured. I had taken off all my gear for once. No bottle cages, lights, gear kit, mirror.

And the Moose-stang performed, and seemed truly in it's element in the splashing wet. Alaska must be like that.

In fact it rained so hard, I couldn't see jackshit, and my bike computer died.



But a little blowing with a fan dried it up and it's okay now.


>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Edit - 2300hrs : I am reading from Nick Hornby's 'High Fidelity', and if I'm ever inspired to write down my Top 5 Low Points in life, that getting canned would have to be one of them.

It felt so much more like a breakup than a firing. My boss cried, even though I didn't see her do it. It's the most emotional thing I've gone through since, oh, March, and it truly blows my mind the things we have to do to become real people. She's officially a boss now, and I'm officially nobody.

Quotes from the book that stayed in my head, something that hasn't happened for years:


"It seems to me that if you place music (and books, probably, and films, and plays, and anything that makes you feel) at the centre of your being, then you can't afford to sort out your love life, start to think of it as the finished product. You've got to pick at it, keep it alive and in turmoil, you've got to pick at it and unravel it until it all comes apart and you're compelled to start all over again. Maybe we all live life at too high a pitch, those of us who absorb emotional things all day, and as a consequence we can never feel merely content: we have to be unhappy, or esctatically, head-over-heels happy, and those states are difficult to achieve within a stable solid relationshp."



"It's only just beginning to occur to me that it's important to have something going on somewhere, at work or at home, otherwise you're just clinging on... You need as much ballast as possible to stop you floating away; you need people around you, things going on, otherwise life is like some film where the money ran out, and there are no sets, or locations, or supporting actors, and it's just one bloke on his own staring into the camera with nothing to do and nobody to speak to, and who'd believe in this character then?"

No comments: