Thursday, September 21, 2006

Somewhere, A Village Is Missing Its Idiot.

That could be me.



chwee said...

Unfortunately it's a normal state of affairs for our decision-making to be driven by negativity. So even if the alternative may seem shittier, we don't know that for sure. What we do know is that our current option is shit from past experience... so we go for shittier.

9/21/2006 05:09:33 PM


I don't know if I'm driven by negativity. I do know that when I've been happy before, I was making decisions dictated by my gut rather than logical choices dictated by my wallet or brain.

In fact back when my eyes were bright, my teeth shiny and my clothes rather newer, I used to have such a great life.

Instead of the empty, bike-driven drivel (sorry about that) that fills up my life and this blog, I could be writing about Things My Girlfriend and I Have Argued About.

Of course, I wasn't making enough to live on. My dad got very upset at me and my brother sat me down and had one of those 'You're 27, what have you done with your life' talks, even though I thought I had accomplished a lot. Just, you know... nothing that shows up in your wallet.


I think life should not be a never-ending series of difficult choices between shit, shittier shit, and the biggest steamiest pile of shit from the biggest asshole you can find...

That goes totally against what my gut feels now. My brain chemistry is getting dumped on but my gut is saying 'free me!'.

Life should be more like 'I can have my cake and eat it too, because I bake the best damn cakes the world has ever eaten.'

So that's a thought. I think I'm recovering some of my former fighting spirit. I'm going to wait and see where it goes. Thanks, Sir Chwee.


Meanwhile, back in Specialville... fun with stickers.

Honeycakes:

No comments: