Monday, September 18, 2006

So I Wanted My Soul Back.

According to Grey's Anatomy, you can have anything you want, if you want it with all your heart, if you are prepared to give everything else away just for this one thing.

That's like, a fuck lot of pressure to be putting on 1 decision, wot?

Why not just keep your options open then? This way you'll never make the wrong choice.

But if you do this long enough, instead having lots of choices open, you're actually closing them all down at one fell swoop.

I love television. Everything I learned in life, I got it from TV.

Here's another of them lessons taught by TV: Northern Exposure, 1992: "If you don't know where you are going, every road will take you there."

I am going to get a job by today. And I refuse to write anymore for a living. I am done with it. All that stress to write on demand is like sex: too much pressure to perform and no fun. Anything can go wrong: stress, an unresponsive penis, a lack of imagination in foreplay.

Yes, I am comparing sex to writing. What's the difference? Different strokes, different folks, and God put a rubber on the tip of a pencil.

You just have to smile at a God who would put an eraser at the tip of a pencil.

I am why pencils have erasers.

I fucking love how I can be as irrelevant and abrupt as I want to be without someone saying I've got 'bad grammar'.

Well I suppose I only spent 4 years studying the literary greats only to graduate with bad grammar and spelling.

Granted, Shakespeare spelt horribly and his grammar wasn't ace, but it would be disingenious to compare myself to Shakespeare now wouldn't it?

Jesus. I really hated my last job didn't I.

No comments: