Tuesday, July 25, 2006

You Make Me Look Good.

The report today.


I woke up early and it was raining. But while brushing my teeth I noted that the sun was shining out in the East and hence that part of the world might be dry.

I could coast at 11-13 km/h and not get my ass back and chin wet with backspray from the wheels, then speed up when it's drier.

So while coasting, this ang moh lady on a commuter bike (wearing a helmet, also fitted on barends and a motorcycle-style hardbody baggage rack on rear) overtook me.

She looked like she was working really hard. She's kinda petite.

Anyway so, I kept on her tail for a while. It's been a long time since I've had any female company. It's pathetic.

What was funny was that, when a huge truck overtook us, she gestured in the air at the driver!

LOL!

Ok in all my few months riding the bike to work, I've only ever been irked enough to raise the one-fingered salute *once*. Even when the Merz popped my mirror off, all I did was to put it back on, ignore the bugger and ride off.

This lady gets buzzed by a large vehicle and she has to curse? Lady this shit happens all the time.

Imagine everytime you get frustrated, you wobble a bit. And then imagine the next large vehicle behind you.

Freaking amusing.

It was a GREAT ride to work!

Very much helped by Erasure:

A Little Respect
(From the album "WHEATUS")

I tried to discover a little something to make me sweeter
Oh baby refrain from breaking my heart
I'm so in love with you
I'll be forever blue
That you give me no reason, you know you're making me work so hard
That you give me no . . . Soul
I hear you calling
Oh baby please give a little respect to me.

And if I should falter, would you open your arms out to me?
We can make love not war, and live in peace with our hearts
I'm so in love with you, I'll be forever blue
What religion or reason could drive a man to forsake his lover?
Don't you tell me no. . . Soul.
I hear you calling
Oh baby please, give a little respect to me.

I'm so in love with you
I'll be forever blue
That you give me no reason
You know you're making me work so hard
That you give me no. Soul.
I hear you calling.
Oh baby, please give a little respect to me.
Oh baby, please give a little respect to me.

No comments: