Saturday, July 15, 2006

Who ate 9?




Seven.

Because 7 8 9.

That was supposed to be a joke about my missing seatpost.

Now that the mandatory bad joke is out of the way, I want to say that I almost had an orgasm at Bukit Timah today. I got up early to have breakfast and then cycled on down to Bt Timah.

The hill was wet today, and as usual my semi-slicks refused to grip at a couple of the toughest steepest slopes.

Maybe I should shift to a bigger cog at those slopes so there's less torque and the contact patch will grip better.

I am happy to say that the inverted stem works wonders. I can actually climb all these slopes now with the ability to put more weight over the front.

I won't have to buy a new stem. Happiness. More money for a new wheelset, in other words. (ker-ching!).


Heck, even T15 was a joy this time around. I found myself doing bunnyhops off half-foot drops on the way *downhill*. And I managed to *bunny-hop* over a fallen tree.

Riders, know your limits. Don't try this at home.


I could never have done that on the old Moose-stang.


The Rockshox forks are really dialed in now and plush. I had to stop grinning so as not to eat those hovering gnats mid-trail. If you have always rode with rigid forks, you'll be amazed at what good suspension can do for your ride.

It was AWESOME. My hands didn't go numb (but that could be because of the inverted stem.) I was going so fast down the slopes I didn't care how much dirt I was eating.





Imagine the crud up my ass and back:






On the way to the Zoo, you have to carry your bike over a padlocked gate/fence.








How do people with full-suspension rigs do this?


In other news, I weighed my bike last night. Here's how you do it.

Find a pair of scales. Weigh yourself. Then weigh yourself carrying the bike, and subtract your weight from it.


The Moose-stang weighs a total of 12 kilos, or about 26 pounds, no thanks to the fat Tora fork.

Which also makes it an all-mountain bike, as described by Mountain Bike Action. Mountain Bike Action: The 5 types of mountain bikes


See any similarity between the frame geometry?







If I can shave about 3 pounds more off, it'll be a cross-country bike. New wheel-set! (ker-ching!)


Particularly muddy today. Satisfaction.

Last pics.








It was a great day.

I've always wanted to build a house along Mandai Road and live there.

No comments: