Thursday, July 13, 2006

Alaska Is A State Of Mind.



The Volkswagen Moose-stang is a 1-person vehicle designed to take on the untamed terrain of the Alaskan wilderness. The blue is a reflection of the Alaskan Riviera, home to good hunting, great fishing, and the occasional elk. (I'd mention moose-burgers but I don't want to frighten the poor bike.)

Lately, I have been thinking of shucking the 'Stang's antlers (bar-ends), changing out the stem for a negative/zero rise (black, naturally) and making it an out and out race machine.



The stickers are what gave me the idea.

More Stang than Moose, in other words. Stay tuned on what happens next. If it does happen, this bike will truly nearly seen every mode of MTB possible: touring, commuting, road, off-road, and race. Free-ride? Urban assault? 4X? Dirt jumps? Downhill?

Just give it time.

The tubes are not gusseted but I only weigh 145 pounds at the moment. And if it breaks, it breaks. 10 years is a long time for a frame.

In other news, I clocked 2000 kilometers today, 1000 since 2nd June 06, which makes it 1000 km in 40 days.




Not a lot, but if I were riding across the island, I would have crossed it back and forth roughly about about 14 times.

Who has time?

Here's a random thought or two. I want to ride in a place where there's snow. I want to skid on ice. I want to cruise in Japan, crunch gravel in France and battle traffic in Paris. And I want to ride in the real Alaska.

Ok so that was 6 thoughts.

No comments: