Tuesday, August 01, 2006

When the Moon Hits Your Eye Like A Big Pizza Pie, It's AMORE!

Mileage for the week: 142 kilometers.



In other news, I'm in love.


From : Ducharme Alarm System
Sent : Friday, July 28, 2006 4:00 PM
To : "'Mr Special'"
Subject : RE: Confirmation: CARD Transaction ID: 183016167 - Ducharme Bicycle Alarm

| | | Inbox


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attachment : image001.gif (0.10 MB)

Hi Mr Special,



We sent it air mail. Due to the length of time I think we can assume that the parcel may be lost.



Yesterday I asked our warehouse to send you another alarm. You should receive it in 5-7 working days.



Please let me know when it arrives.



Kind regards

Kate Grant



Aint' she a sweetheart? I can't wait. Maybe I'll get 2 alarms.

My friend's box from UK arrived after something like 3 months. Or more. So she got her ferragamo pumps back. She's so happy. It's her one and only pair of ferragamos.

Not that there was nothing else in the box, but apparently that's all I can remember.


In other other news, I can't decide which of these wheels to get.

MSRP: 345 bucks. PLus: Sealed bearings, cool looks, light, popular (high resale value). Minuses: Servicing will be a bitch.





MSRP: 400 bucks, but I can get one set at 260. Plus: bladed spokes for more aerodynamics, spoke nipples located at the hub to reduce rotational inertia, shimano hubs, cheap.

Minuses: heavier than the above. No sealed bearings. Bladed spokes are expensive. Shimano hubs.



Which of the above look best on the Moose-stang?





I kind of think the first set goes better with the overall blue and grey of my bike.

But black goes with everything.

All it's coming down to is a choice of colours.

I am shallow.

No comments: