Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Moose-stang's New Shoes.

Why I had to rush off after work today.

I'll let this story tell itself in pictures.



"I have cold feet"


"Is that mine?"


"Holy moose-burgers! Are those mine?!!"



"Yes! They ARE MINE! And that is ticklish! Make him stop!"


"OH! Just what every Moose-stang dreams of. What, did I say something wrong?"


"Yes... please tuck that in properly. Do you need a shoe horn? Can't help you there... Mr Special de-horned me."


"Ah... who wouldn't lean back after such a great foot massage?"

Note: Moose-stang sounds a lot like Kermit the Frog.


The new wheels are fantastic. The bike really rolls super smoothly now. I had no idea Deore hubs were so lousy.


And, I didn't eat all day and lost about 3 pounds. Riding home was kind of dangerous. I could feel the energy levels bombing.

But now I weigh about 138.6 pounds which is 63 kilos. I'm 4 kilos to my ideal weight (put back 1kg for dinner and water) before I start intensive weight training to bulk back up.

As for Moose-stang, thanks to these beauties ---





-- the Moose-stang lost about 3 pounds too. He now weighs in at about 11 kg, or around 24 pounds, possibly lighter. That's a race-ready weight, by the way.

I know he can get lighter. 10kg isn't going to be a problem for this baby. The seat and tires can stand to lose some 500 grams. The seat post about 30 grams. Carbon stems and handlebars and seat posts, plus lighter BB, hollowtech cranks and XTR derailleurs will drop the weight to 10, possibly below.

But what for?



I don't need a bike that can fly or that costs the sky. I just need one that belongs to me.

I may not drive a BMW or own a condo or have 12 different types of credit cards.

But everything I own belongs to me. I don't owe anything to anyone.

That said... I still want the lightest bike I can make. It's my new hobby now.(kerching!)

No comments: