Thursday, August 24, 2006

Wanderlust

The Fully Loaded Tourist Bike Page

For some reason seeing all those bikes makes me want to hop on mine and disappear off the face of this earth.

How nice it will be to lose myself...

I am thinking of making the ride on every road in Singapore into a book. I will call it "I Know Where You Live". It will be a pictorial study of how people interact with the streets they live, work, and play in. Urban spaces shape lives -- this can be like my master's thesis in urban anthropology.

It will take about a year and a half to complete a 1st draft. According to the Ministry of Transport, the total length of paved roads in Singapore is 3144 km. I have ridden that in about half a year.

Minus a month, because I might go in December on a solo trip 'somewhere'.




I am glad this blog is around.

It's like talking to myself, only I can play it back.

Who would have thought that writing would actually save my life and earn me a living. And now it may actually provide me with some direction in life. I don't believe in destiny anymore, but it sure is funny how life turned out.


I'm going to pitch this to publishers and see if I can arouse any interest. Perhaps I can get a small advance.

Perhaps I can still become a millionaire.


"Because Every Day Is Still Exciting." (TM)

No comments: