Friday, August 24, 2007

"You can stand under my umbrella"




Dennis Hope: I didn't invent the rainy day, man. I just own the best umbrella.

~ Almost Famous

You know the thing about falling off your bicycle is, there's always someone to watch and then give you a horrified look.

I think they rehearse that look. There's no way people can all ever be so synchronised.

Today, I fell off my bike.

More like slid down off it... in front of a Caucasian lady and her toddler... and one coffeeshop lady I detest.

It was not at all graceful. Imagine an elephant slipping on a banana peel.





You know, it was wet.

I hate my dumbkopf tyres. I need slicks, damnit. Those grip FAR better in the wet. I wonder if they have 2.2 slicks, like for motorcycles. Can anyone let me know?

This makes it 2 falls and 5 chain-drops in the 7th month.


Why I am spending so much time here, when I should be writing my book? This diary earns me zero dollars.

Instant gratification, that's why.

1 comment:

KC said...

chaindrops? time to send the bike in for servicing!