Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I miss my hat.



Have you ever lost something that was so precious to you that you'd look in the most ridiculous places to see if you can find it?

Well, I lost my hat. My green (or is it brown?) is gone.



And I've looked everywhere. Including my bookshelves, where it has no reason to ever go, and behind my tennis racket (ditto). It's so lost, I don't even remember the LAST time I saw it.


It's like my hat suddenly decided that it's had enough of my head and just decided to leave, walk out the door, never ever come back. It didn't even leave a goodbye note. No "It's not you. It's me. This is not what I wanted for us. Please forgive me."

I didn't even get a chance to name it.


I rode to work today brimless, sweating all over my glasses and generally looking like a right fool.


I am grieving. I am not myself without my hat.

Someone buy me a new hat?

No comments: