Thursday, July 19, 2007

Bladed wheels carve on rails

I love rhyme.

But that doesn't mean I'm a poet.

That said, I think beauty is a state of grace.

I don't know what that has to do with anything.

Incidentally, Debbie Gibson did a song called 'No More Rhyme'. Please don't let it happen to me.

I'm having a 4 day weekend.
(I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it.)

I did after all work 15 days straight and closed 2 magazines in that time.


Hey, do you remember when you were a kid, and you had a bicycle, you would put a piece of cardboard between the brakes and the tyres so that when you moved, they rubbed against each other and made you sound like a motorcycle?

Well, by 'you' I meant 'me'.

Just a year ago I bought a set of Xero Element XSM-1 . Loved them for their good looks, but the ride was harsh.



I sold them barely six months later because I was getting started in a new job and I needed the cash.



CUT TO: last night.





And today:






My new Mavic Crossrides.



Black, 24-spoked (same as the xeros), but the lacing is different -- and I was speculating when I thought about it - but proved correct - the ride is much more comfy with a less 'radial' pattern. I am awesome that way.

But colour me vain - the real attraction is really the bladed spokes.




I love them! And I feel faster! Am I really?

Who cares?

Those blades will cut that cardboard to *shreds*

And on the way home from the shop, I was plagued by a slow leak. I had to plan my route around petrol kiosks. Make that 5 stops.

I think the new wheels are testing me.

Bring it!

No comments: