Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Benjamin's kids


My boss is sending me on a course for print production. Among other things, I will learn digital imaging, image editing, digital page imposition (whatever that is) and pre-press output evaluation (ditto). Essentially, that's colour management, printing and publishing requirements and colour proofing. At the end of it, I'll be awarded an ITE certificate (yay) in Computerised Prepress Technology.

Guess how that helps with my photography? Filmlab only gonna get stronger. After all, taking a picture is only half of the deal. There's also developing, colour correction, printing (paper choices & ink, saturation, timing, sizes, etc etc) and final exhibition. In other words I'm going to know the entire production process from end to end.

So in case this magazine business doesn't pan out, I can always get a job in print production. My other other other exit strategy. In addition to getting a class 4 license for driving 18-wheelers. I love trucks.


Also, I'm taking daily pics of Benjamin, the jasmine plant that my dad raised from when it was just 2 leafs and a stalk.






This is the latest bunch of flowers. Watch it bloom, daily.




Benjamin's kids, originally uploaded by filmlab.


No comments: