Friday, June 23, 2006

Bishop.



So this is Bishop. He's a money plant. My colleague bought him in January because she thought our office could use some colour. We pretty much left him at the window. He likes light, as some plants do. I hear its good for the complexion.

Anyway, he didn't seem to be doing very well. We thought it was coz there were cockroaches laying their eggs in him, and colleague brought anti-pest pellets.

They didn't work out.

Hence today, she was going to toss out the plant (Bishop is named after that 'Aliens' android who got ripped off at the waist) and I said, I'd bring him home and see if my dad can save him. Dad likes plants. They bond.




I didn't bring my bungee ropes today, so he was held on rather precariously by the wire sprung whatchamacallit.



I had to ride slower than normal (well ok, 25km/h was the average. Would you say that's slow? My bag was bumping against my thighs. Ok, Me Slow. You Tarzan.)

An experience. For one thing, packing a bike for touring clearly requires a lot of work. For another, the added weight is going to make the bike move diferently.

But frankly I think I was overly worried about the load shifting. I didn't want to break Bishop's pot. I haven't grown eyes on my butt yet, last I checked.

In other news, I broke the rear fender mount AND the bike light mount today. Back to the Kitchen for a way to fix this. I avoid having to spend money on new stuff, where possible. Already spent too much on the bike this month. Commuting to work is supposed to be saving me money!

I have to learn not to force metal.

That's that, for now.

No comments: